EDGE is a nationally recognized Catholic middle school (youth in grades six, seven, and eight) ministry aimed to present the truths of the Catholic faith in a hands-on and relevant format. The format of EDGE is designed to meet the spiritual, physical, emotional, educational, and social needs of our middle school youth. EDGE Nights allow youth to learn about their faith through talks, skits, videos, small group discussions and sharing what they know with their friends.
Why is EDGE Important?
The middle school years are about change and transition. As they grow and develop, middle school youth begin to experience a desire for independence and are both excited and scared at how their world is changing. Research indicates that positive, supportive relationships with adults/mentors can be a very positive and rewarding experience for youth at this age. The EDGE Ministry provides this experience for our middle school youth. Click here to view our policies on EDGE.
Goals of EDGE:
- To foster a transforming spiritual experience of Jesus through the liturgy which will allow middle school youth to experience the Word of God and the Eucharist in a more profound way;
- To assist middle school youth in gaining an understanding and appreciation of what the Catholic Church teaches and believes;
- To incorporate the Catholic Church’s vision of social justice and peace into the spiritual lives of middle school youth;
- To develop an understanding in middle school youth that they are a vital presence within the parish community; and
- To enter into and transform the culture and lives of middle school youth with the Good News of Jesus Christ and His Church.