“Parents are the primary catechists for their children”…
St Lawrence Family Program
Families with children in grades 1*, 2* and 3 are invited to participate in St Lawrence Family Faith Formation Program. Students entering 4th and 5th grade who have a sibling in the Family Program are also invited to participate.
The Family program is designed to encourage and equip parents to live and teach their children the Catholic Faith. A variety of learning opportunities are made available: in the classroom, at home and as part of our faith community.
Features of the Program:
- Flexibility in scheduling for busy families. Saturday and Sunday options are provided each month for families to choose from.
- Parents learn and grow in the faith so that they in turn become primary teachers of their children.
- Families participate in home-based learning through a variety of learning approaches including: discussion, crafts, direct instruction and scripture study.
- Programs are scheduled to support family participation in weekly Mass and encourage regular prayer.
- Family Community Events such as nature walks, special activities for Lent and Advent allow families to have fun and grow in community with one another.
Families choose one session per month from the designated months on Saturday or Sunday.
Saturday 12:30pm to 2:30pm or
Saturday 3:30pm to 5:30pm or
Sunday 12:00pm to 2:00pm or
Monday 6:00pm to 8:00pm
*In addition, 1st and 2nd grade students will attend Sacramental Preparation Classes twice a month on Saturdays 10:00am to 11:15am.
Please view our Policies for Religious Education at St. Lawrence
2017-18 New Student Registration
Religious Education Office
Rel Ed Coordinator:
Mrs. Theresa Scorca
Family Formation Coordinator:
Mrs. Suzanne Walsh
Office: 845 279-6098